I’m Dasia, a licensed cosmetologist who has used a fair share of products. Finding the right hair is all about trial and error. With this in mind, you can still take some very important steps to find the ideal unit prior to purchasing.
We will be highlighting 5 of the best human hair weaves in this article. If you are new to the buying process, or purchasing human hair in general, these will give you a great start on where to look.
Best Human Hair Weaves
Human hair is ideal if you are looking to purchase weave. This type of hair lasts longer and is typically easier to style. While human hair is a bit more expensive than synthetic, it’s worth the price.
- Best human hair weave overall – Isee takes the spot overall due to the fact it covers all the areas you want to be on the lookout for. The hair has a high hair grade along with multiple hair types and lengths to choose from.
- Best human hair weave for value – Nadula offers affordable bundles that could use a little work but overall are worth the price. While their longer units are expensive, they do offer lengths up to 30 inches.
- Best human hair weave for high quality – Mayvenn offers bundles that are pretty expensive but worth the price. You can cut down on costs by purchasing a set and taking advantage of their installation services.
- Best human hair weave based on reputation – Alipearl has been around for years and continues to provide sought after products. They are reliable and provide quality products.
- Best human hair weave for an easy use – Unice has been around for over 20 years and knows how to provide easy to use products to their customers. They offer subtle customizations to allow the customer to achieve the best look.
1. Isee Hair Mongolian Kinky Curly
Isee is a company that started by wanting to provide their customers with their dream hair. By offering affordable yet quality hair, they are able to carry out this mission. The company is based in China but serves customers all over the world.
The site offers a variety of different textures and even has a section for high hair grades that range up to 14A. Along with high quality bundles, they also provide wigs in a variety of different colors.
Isee Hair bundles hit all of the marks on what to look for when looking to purchase human hair bundles. There is an option to choose between 5 different hair types so you could have the most ideal look.
The grade is another desirable area. 10A is high grade and means good quality hair. The price is even reasonable for what you get in return. The one downside would have to be the work that needs to be put into styling.
What I Like
- Hair type – You have the option to choose from 5 different hair types.
- Hair grade – The hair is at 10A on the scale which is pretty high.
- Length – They have the option to choose 3-4 bundles and mix and match lengths.
- Price – Even the longest lengths are affordable.
What I Don’t Like
- Hair texture – The kinky curly texture will require work to be properly styled.
- Blending – The lengths that are all the same length will require blending.
2. Nadula Brazilian Body Wave Bundles
Nadula, like many other hair companies, is based in China. While this is the case, they offer shipping internationally. Through their years in business they have been able to continually improve their products.
Nadula is a very reputable company that has been around for around 20 years. Their goal is to make women feel beautiful and they have been able to accomplish this mission through the years.
These bundles are affordably priced and are available in a brazilian texture. This texture is easy to style and blend. They even offer lengths up to 30 inches which is a great option if you’re looking for something longer.
The lack of customizations is a downside. You can’t alter the unit aside from the length. The hair grade is another area that could be improved with only a grade of 7A. The last downside would have to be the body wave texture which falls quite flat.
What I Like
- Hair type – Brazilian hair is a great option when shopping for human hair.
- Length – They offer up to 30 inches in length and the option to mix and match.
- Price – Anything under 26 inches is reasonably priced.
What I Don’t Like
- Hair grade – The hair is a grade 7A which is not that high.
- Customizations – Aside from the length, you can’t alter the bundles.
- Texture – The body wave falls flat and doesn’t maintain the texture.
3. Mayvenn Brazilian Curly Virgin Bundles
Mayvenn is a black-owned business that is based in the USA. They haven’t been around for too long but have definitely made an impact since they’ve launched. They offer a variety of different services so you can achieve your dream look.
Since 2013, the company has built a community that is willing to pay big bucks for top quality hair. Although Mayvenn can be pricey, they offer 100% virgin hair and other services such as covering installation fees.
The first thing you will notice about this hair is the price. Whether purchasing a set or individual bundles, their hair is quite expensive. This may be a big downside to you, but the overall quality makes the hair worth it.
The construction of the hair is done extremely well. The hair is double wefted making the units durable. The bundles are also made with Brazilian hair which is extremely versatile and overall easy to style.
What I Like
- Hair type – Brazilian hair is easy to style and usually quite affordable.
- Length – They offer up to 28 inches in length.
- Construction – The entire unit is durable.
What I Don’t Like
- Price – Whether purchasing hair individually or as a set, the hair is expensive.
- Customizations – You can’t customize the hair.
- Hair grade – The company doesn’t specify the hair grade of the bundles.
4. Alipearl Brazilian Straight Virgin Bundles
Alipearl is a company that is well known and has a great reputation. They initially got their great reputation from selling on Aliexpress. Throughout the years they were able to start their own company site and provide customers with an even better shopping experience.
They are most known for their wigs but also offer high quality bundles. They are a solid choice for anyone who is just starting out in the hair world. You can have confidence no matter what you buy from them, the quality will be good.
These bundles have a high hair grade which is a great thing to be on the lookout for. Although it’s not the highest quality, it gives you insight that the hair will be fairly good. The bundles are also made with Brazilian hair which is another great choice for human hair.
One downside would have to be the lack of customizations. Aside from the length, which allows you to mix and match, you don’t have many options. The pricing is also something to be aware of as longer lengths are on the expensive side.
What I Like
- Hair type – Brazilian hair is an affordable and easy to blend hair type.
- Hair grade – Although 8A isn’t the highest grade, it’s a suitable option.
- Length – They include 3 sets with the option to have all the same length or mix.
What I Don’t Like
- Density– The ends could be thicker.
- Customizations – You can’t customize these bundles much.
- Price – The shorter lengths are affordable but longer ones start to get pricey.
5. Unice Peruvian Water Wave Hair
Unice is a company that is well known and continually provides high quality products to their customers. The site doesn’t offer many unique finds but has everything you could ever need. Another plus of shopping with Unice is their customer service, they are available 24/7 and always ready to help.
While the company is based in China, they service people from around the world. They have been in business for over 20 years and know how to satisfy their customers’ needs. You can find an affordable and easy to use option on their site.
These bundles from Unice are easy to use as they give you a little bit of freedom with customization. You have the option to choose your hair type and they give you 4 different choices. For the price, you can’t beat this.
A downside would be the fact that the company doesn’t specify the hair grade, this makes it difficult to know the overall quality. Since the hair is on the curlier side, more maintenance will also be required to properly style the hair.
What I Like
- Hair type – You have the option to choose from 4 different hair types.
- Length – They offer hair up to 26 inches and the option to mix and match.
- Price – The hair, even at the longest length, is affordable.
What I Don’t Like
- Texture –The curl pattern requires extra maintenance.
- Hair grade – The company doesn’t specify the hair grade.
What factors to look out for when buying human hair weave
Hair types are extremely important when choosing the ideal bundles. Hair types give you an idea as to how the overall hair will feel and act. Choosing the right type is even more important if you are planning on utilizing leave out.
Brazilian hair is one of the most common hair types. It’s generally affordable and relatively easy to blend. While Brazilian hair is a great go to there are a variety of other types that may be a better choice for you.
Peruvian, Indian, and Malaysian hair are some of the other common hair types. They range from silky and soft to thick and voluminous. No matter what look you’re going for, you will likely be able to find the right hair to style.
Determining the hair grade of bundles is a great way to get a feel of what the overall quality will be. Generally, the higher the hair grade the higher the quality. This is a great feature to utilize especially if shopping online.
There is a range that is generally followed but has changed in recent years. For a long time, 8A was the highest grade available. This has increased to 11A being the general highest but some companies offer 14A as their highest.
One good thing about hair grade is despite people desiring a higher grade, the price isn’t altered much. Having higher quality hair is available even if you’re on a budget.
One of the biggest reasons the price is important to consider is due to the fact that you are likely to expect a wide range of prices. This is due to a variety of different things but the biggest reason would have to be the length of the bundles.
Bundles that are longer in length cost more as more material is used. This makes perfect sense but is something to be aware of especially if you’re looking into a bundle that’s pretty long.
You shouldn’t have to spend more than around $250 on a good set of bundles. If you do, ensure the hair type and grade are of good quality and you’re getting a good length. Also take advantage of any offers or incentives the company provides.
Is human hair good for weave?
Human hair is ideal for weave as it acts exactly like the hair that grows from your head. There are other branches of human hair that can be further classified. Hair can be virgin, remy, and even raw hair. These are often the highest quality hair available to buyers and are a great option for anyone looking for good human hair weave.
What is the best grade of human hair weave?
A general rule of thumb would be the higher the number, the better the grade. For many years 8A was the highest grade but brands have increased the scale by adding higher grades. 11A is the easiest high quality grade that is available at a large scale. Some companies offer a 14A but this grade is not easily found.
What is human hair weave made from?
Human weave is made from exactly that, human hair. Donors from around the world typically donate their hair to be used as some type of hair additive. Since the hair comes from real heads, the hair is often healthier and lasts longer making it ideal.
How much does human hair weave cost?
Human weave is almost always more expensive than synthetic hair. The overall quality is higher making it worth the price increase. You can expect to spend around $100 for a full head of weave. If you want longer hair, the price will go up for each inch you want added. Ideally you won’t have to spend more than $250 total, even for the longest length.
Investing in human hair extensions is a great choice. While they may be a little bit more expensive in the long run, they are sure to pay off.
Finding a company that allows you to choose a specific hair type is a great way to find the ideal match. Keep in mind the benefit of looking for a higher hair grade too. Lastly, feel out the pricing.
The price of hair doesn’t always have to be high in order to receive good hair. With enough research you’re sure to find the best choice.