I’m Dasia, a cosmetologist who has spent many hours trying and reviewing products. After years of doing this, it can get quite expensive.
Finding affordable products for clients can be a challenge but is well worth it. An inexpensive weave is a great option for anyone who wants to look put together but still wants to save some money.
These are 5 different weaves that are inexpensive. They each have a reason for making the list, let’s see why.
Best Inexpensive Weave
Weaves are a great choice for many when it comes to a protective style, but they can get expensive. It generally takes 3 to 4 bundles to create a full weave and that can run a couple of hundred dollars. Let’s see some cheaper options.
- Best inexpensive weave overall – Nuof takes the place overall due to its ability to check all factors when buying inexpensive weave. There are some minor disadvantages to the hair but the pros outweigh the cons.
- Best inexpensive weave for value – Although this Shake n Go hair from Ebonyline is synthetic, it gets the job done. If you’re on a tight budget this weave is the perfect choice for you.
- Best inexpensive weave for high quality – Amella offers high quality hair at a reasonable price. The hair grade and hair type are ideal especially for an inexpensive unit.
- Best inexpensive weave based on reputation – Isee has been around for over 20 years and continues to provide high quality hair to their customers. This hair has a 9A hair grade which is one of the highest options.
- Best inexpensive weave for an easy use – Halo Lady is a brand that operates through Aliexpress. They have been in business since 2013 and offer a variety of different easy to use hair additives.
Nuof is an Amazon seller that specializes in hair. While the hair itself is sold through Amazon, Nuof doesn’t utilize their own website. Through Amazon, they are able to market their products and provide a variety of different options.
The Amazon seller offers both wigs and bundles at a discounted price. Since Amazon takes care of most of the business needs, they provide products at a cheaper than normal price.
This specific hair marks all the areas you want to be aware of when looking for an inexpensive wig. The hair is of a high grade and a standard hair type. The hair comes in a straight texture but the seller offers curly as well.
One downside to this hair would have to be the density. The hair is not consistent throughout and also lacks the ability to be customized. Since the store isn’t a stand alone hair store, it’s understandable that these luxuries aren’t added.
- Hair grade – The hair comes in 8A which is one of the highest grades.
- Hair type – The hair comes in the type Brazilian which blends easily.
- Texture – SInce the hair is human, the straight texture gives a healthy look.
- Density – The hair is not consistently thick throughout.
- Customizations – The site is not dedicated to hair, you get what you get.
The company is an online beauty store that supplies buyers with all things beauty related. This beauty supply has been around since 2000 and after many requests from customers, they were able to open an online wholesale store.
This store stocks everything you could possibly need to complete a full look. They have over 10,000 items on their site. Their stock ranges from hair care, accessories, wigs, and weaves.
This particular hair is a great choice for anyone on a budget. They provide a weave for under $10 and in a length that you can’t beat. This is the main selling feature of this hair although the texture is a strong runner up.
The biggest downside to the bundles is the fact that they are synthetic. For the price you are getting them at, it’s understandable. Also keep in mind the hair is sold per one bundle, you will have to purchase multiple to complete a full look.
- Price – They provide bundles for under $10.
- Texture – The hair is a wavy texture that allows you to hide any imperfections.
- Length – They provide a very long length with an affordable price tag.
- Hair material – The hair is synthetic, limiting styling options.
- Customizations – There aren’t many length options and no other option to alter.
- Not a multi pack – You have to purchase each bundle individually.
Amella Hair is a hair store that operates through Amazon. This method allows buyers to purchase high quality hair at a discounted price because Amazon covers some of the business cost.
The company specializes in providing 100% human hair to its users. They even offer 10A grade hair which is the highest grade possible at a reasonable price. In addition to weave, they also provide wigs to buyers.
This specific type of weave is ideal for those who want an inexpensive option, but don’t want to sacrifice quality. The hair type and grade are two areas that increase the overall quality of this weave.
One downside would have to be the shedding that is present. It sheds more than is ideal and the density is not consistent throughout. While these cons are present, the pros outweigh the negatives.
- Hair grade – This hair is 8A grade which is one of the highest grades possible.
- Hair type – The weave is 100% remy virgin Brazilian human hair.
- Price – For the quality, this hair is very reasonably priced.
- Density – The bundles are not consistent throughout.
- Shedding – The hair sheds more than what’s ideal.
- Customizations – Since the hair is offered through Amazon, they can’t be altered.
This company is based in China but provides hair to customers worldwide. They have been able to provide high quality hair at a reasonable price for over 20 years. This is a main reason shoppers keep coming back.
Along with weaves, the company also provides wigs, both of which are offered at a high grade. By providing the best quality and services, the company has been able to provide customers with their dream hair.
This specific hair has a high reputation and lives up to it. The hair ticks every factor you want to keep on the lookout for – the texture, type, and grade.
There are a few downsides to this unit, one is that regular maintenance is required. Along with this, the shorter lengths definitely qualify as inexpensive but the longer lengths start to get a bit pricey.
- Hair grade – The grade is 9A which is one of the highest grades available.
- Texture – The kinky curl texture allows for blending and the covering of imperfections.
- Hair type – You can choose from 5 different hair types..
- Length – Depending on which set you get, the blending may not be ideal.
- Price – The shorter lengths are reasonable but the longer lengths get expensive.
- Maintenance – The hair needs to be regularly maintained due to the curl pattern.
Halo Lady is a hair brand that operates through Aliexpress. The company is based out of China and has been in business since 2013. They offer a variety of different hair additive options.
The store offers affordable options that are meant to be easy to use. Frontals, bangs, and ponytails are some of the items the store offers in addition to weaves.
This specific hair is highly desired due to the lengths that are offered. The hair is available in lengths up to 60 inches. The one downside to this is the hair is sold per bundle not a set, so if you want a very thick look, the weave may not be as inexpensive as you’ve hoped for.
The weave is Brazilian virgin human hair which is of high quality and allows you a lot of styling options. Although the grade of the hair isn’t stated, you can get a general idea of the hair due to the hair type.
- Hair type – The weave is offered in virgin Brazilian human hair.
- Length – They offer up to 60 inches which is hard to find.
- Not a multi pack – The weave is sold per 1 bundle so be aware prior to purchase.
- Density – The ends of the hair aren’t as thick as the rest of the unit.
- Price – The longer lengths are unreasonable as you only get 1 bundle.
What factors to look out for when buying inexpensive weave
There are a variety of different hair types available to buyers. The most common type is typically Brazilian hair. This type of hair is affordable and blends well making it easy to style the weave.
Other common hair types are Malaysian, Peruvian, and Indian. All of these are high quality which generally result in a higher price point.
Keeping this in mind, since Brazilian is more standard, you are likely to find it at a more affordable price. Other hair types are held to a higher standard and likely don’t have an inexpensive price tag.
Hair grades allow you to understand the overall quality of the hair. This is especially helpful for online purchases. Even if the hair can’t be felt, the grade allows you to know what standard the hair is held to.
Grades range from 3A to 10A. 10A is ideal as it’s the top grade a hair can receive. This type of hair will generally feel soft to the touch and have a consistent density throughout the entire unit.
Grade 9 and 10 are very similar and oftentimes considered interchangeable. Looking for the hair grade will allow you to make a wise decision even with inexpensive hair.
The texture of the hair can greatly affect how an inexpensive weave looks. The overall effect can make a wig look cheap or high quality.
Generally curly hair blends well and is easier to hide any form of imperfection. If you purchase a cheap wig that is also low quality, a curly texture may be a better option. You will likely have to put a lot more effort into the unit, but it’s manageable.
A straight texture is ideal if the hair is of high quality. This will allow you to have healthy looking hair.
How much does weave typically cost?
Weaves have a wide range of pricing and can be priced under $100 and go over $500. The price you pay will greatly depend on what you are looking for. If you want longer hair expect to pay more. The specific hair type you purchase will also affect the overall price. Generally, the more high quality the hair is, the more you should expect to pay.
What type of weave lasts the longest?
Considering how long a weave lasts depends on a lot of different factors. The installation method and overall quality of the hair are the main areas that will determine the longevity. Human hair extensions are ideal and are becoming a standard meaning the prices are quite reasonable.
What are some good weaves to buy?
There are a variety of different types of weaves to buy. The most common would have to be Brazilian due to the fact that it’s so versatile. Other types of weave that are good are Peruvian, Malaysian, and Indian. These different types of weaves will affect the overall texture.
Inexpensive weave that is of good quality may be hard to come by but it’s not impossible to find. Take into consideration the hair type, hair grade, and texture. All of these factors will allow you to pick the ideal weave.
While investing in high quality hair is best, these inexpensive weaves are a great starting option. You can easily work your way up to premium quality hair after giving these units a try.