There is a reason why headband wigs are becoming so popular, and personally, I agree with the hype! This article will tell you all about the headband wig, its pros, and its cons.
What Is A Headband Wig?
Headband wigs have a headband attached to the front that can be strapped to the back of the head. It is the easiest to apply and most convenient wig option. A headband wig has gotten increasingly popular within the past year, and now most wig vendors sell them. Headband wigs do not need glue and they do not have lace. They are beginner-friendly and best for people on-the-go.
What I Like
- Easy to apply – Headband wigs are very simple to apply. The headband makes the wig very secure and is usually attached in the back by velcro. There is no lace, so there’s very minimal styling needed in the front.
Applying a headband wig takes considerably less time than applying most other wigs, and is very convenient for those who just want something quick and easy. They are very beginner-friendly.
- Doesn’t damage baby hairs – A headband wig is great for those who want to go easy on their baby hairs. The headband protects the hair by covering them, and the hairs are not subject to rubbing against glue or lace. When you wear this wig, you can leave your hairline alone for the most part – which makes it very beneficial for the healthiness of your hair.
- Natural Look – The headband look gives one of the most natural looks out of all the other wig options. When wearing a headband wig, a great feature is that you can expose your own hairline – which makes it hard to tell that the rest of the hair isn’t natural.
A headband wig can also be worn as a high ponytail or bun that looks very similar to a natural-hair look. Curly headband wigs look the most natural because the curls hide the headband more, making it harder to tell that the hair is a wig.
- Price – Headband wigs are cheaper than full lace or lace front human hair wigs. They are great for beginners who don’t want to spend too much money on trying a wig for the first time to see if they like it. They are also great for those who wear wigs regularly and need something quick and easy for wearing out.
What I Don’t Like
- Constant headband style – Although wearing a headband may not seem like an issue at first, it may become old after a while to have a headband style consistently.
Also, headbands may not look appropriate with some types of outfits, such as formal wear or business attire. There are some methods that enable you to hide the headband part of the wig with your own hair, but if your hair is very short, it would not be possible.
- Lack of breathability – Headband wigs don’t have as much breathability as lace wigs, which can be a problem for buildup underneath the wig and heat. When the scalp and hair underneath the wig are not airing out, it can make the buildup of sweat and dirt worse – which can cause irritation, itching, and possibly breakage.
How Long Do Headband Wigs Last?
Headband wigs can last anywhere between 3 months to a year, depending on how well it is taken care of. If the wig is taken care of really well, it can last a very long time. One of the most important things to consider with a headband wig is how often you are wearing it. These wigs are very easy to put on, which makes them the perfect everyday look. However, limiting the amount of times you wear the wig can easily help maintain them past the 1-year mark.
Are Headband Wigs More Comfortable?
Headband wigs are known for being very comfortable and a great everyday option. However, some headband wigs may have a tighter headband attached which might make it feel uncomfortable. Also, wearing a separate headband on top might make it feel tighter after wearing it for a while. You don’t have to wear a separate headband with the wig, but many people choose to do so for the sake of versatility.
Can You Sleep In A Headband Wig?
It is not advised that you sleep with a headband wig, because the security comes from the wig combs and the headband. Sleeping with a headband wig could increase the chances of damage to the hairline. Headband wigs are made for easy removal and application, so there is no need to wear them overnight. One thing that you can do is pre-style the wig the night before and place it on a wig head so that it is ready to go for the next day.
Why Are Headband Wigs So Popular?
Headband wigs are very easy to create a natural look with. It is an easy everyday look to maintain every day and is generally very affordable. Many people like the youthful look that the wig gives, and the versatility of being able to wear the hair up or down. They are also very popular because they come in all different hair textures and colors, which makes it easier to blend with your own natural hair.
The Final Word
Headband wigs have many benefits and many people are including them in their rotation more and more. However, as with anything, it is important to weigh the pros and cons so that you are making the best decision for you!